The Manitoba Forage Seed Association (MFSA) is an incorporated not-for-profit grower association working on behalf of their members. MFSA’s number one priority is field research in the forage seed industry and communicating the results. Other focus areas are extension work involving the production of an industry magazine, hosting a summer crop tour and annual conference, and when necessary, lobbing on behalf of our growers.
Job Title: MFSA Administrator
Location: Arborg, MB
Job Description: This position reports to an elected Board of Directors and is responsible for all administrative duties of the association.
• General management of the office such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing documents, mailing/shipping, ensuring necessary supplies and equipment are purchased;
• Plan and prepare meeting structure and information for board meetings;
• Maintaining office files related to the association’s operations;
• Responsible for representing the Board of Directors when communicating to members, government, funding bodies and others;
• All financial management aspects of the association including payroll;
• Researching potential funding programs and submitting funding applications;
• Managing the yearly producer check-off levy program involving data input;
• Publishing an industry magazine three times a year.
• One or more years of office administrative experience;
• Knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks;
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Multi-tasking & time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize task;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to work independently is essential;
• Comfortable handling confidential information.